- A piercing heals from the outside inwards and thus appears healed before healing is complete. The more open to air, the faster the healing. BE PATIENT!
- During healing one might experience some bleeding, swelling, tenderness, bruising. Discoloration, itching and some secretions. Unless very excessive this is normal.
- Hands must be washed before handling the piercing. Toying with the piercing will only delay healing and promote infection and rejection.
- Beads must be checked regularly in case they have loosened over time.
- Avoid soaking in swimming pools and bath water for 10 days.
- Avoid roughness to the area pierced, specifically abdominal exercises, rough sex, oral sex, contact sports and rough play! Piercings heal faster when left alone.
- Immediate swellings can be controlled by using ice on the area.
- Only use aftercare solutions provided or suggested by your piercer.
- Personal hygiene is your responsibility and must be a priority at all times.
- A healthy lifestyle and plenty of hydration will assist in a faster healing!
- A piercing will take between 2 to 4 months to heal. Sometimes even longer. Only once sure that the piercing has healed should you attempt to change. Always use sterile or new clean jewellery.
- Betadine anti-bacterial mouthwash to be used after every meal or ingestion.
- Soft foods to be consumed. Smaller bites. Avoid spicy foods. Ice and cold water will control swelling.
- Visit the piercer after 3 weeks to downsize the Tongue piercing. This doesn’t apply to other oral piercings. A charge will be made for that. brush softly and avoid the tongue area until the changeover.
Ears & Eyebrows
- Avoid sleeping on the piercing. Caution when removing clothes, hairstyling, wearing head gear,playing contact sports.
- Avoid abdominal exercises until completely healed. Any crusted discharge can be cleaned off by rinsing off.
- The nose jewellery is often lost within the first week. Do not be careless with pillows, towels, clothing and children. You may not be able to return the piercing after it snags off.
Genitalia & Nipples
- Initially abstinence is strongly recommended. All sexual activity must be gentle. A warm soak or shower before and after ensuring cleanliness. Protection must be trustworthy and of good quality.
In any case do not try to be your own doctor. Every individual is unique and has different immunology and personality. Advice from friends and family may be well intentioned but misguided. Visit your piercer for clarification whenever any of the above symptoms alleviate considerably.
Any queries contact your piercer, except Sundays, between 10:30 and 5:00
Navel – 3000 to 4000
Eyebrow – 3000 to 4000
Lip area – 3000 to 4500
Ear area – 3000 to 4500
Tongue – 6000 (includes sterile size changeover)
Nipple – 3500 to 4000
Nose – 3000 to 3500
Genitalia – 6500 to 10000 (based on availability)
Anchors – 5000
Surface – 5000
Industrial – 4500
Piercings are as unique as the person wanting it. Every client can approach us with their unique idea and we will try our best to satisfy them.
Prices in Kenyan Shillings.
Prices include aftercare solution and instruction except for piercings requiring pharmacy medicine.
Minimum age is 18. Persons between 16 and 18 years of age require parental consent.
Tattoos After Care
Here is a general idea on how to look after a new tattoo. Please note that your artist may give you different instructions based on your design and the location of the tattoo:
- Keep the bandage for on for 4 hours. Gently remove. If stuck to the tattoo, rinse with water until it peels off.
- Wash off the tattoo with cold water, using clean hands, gently rubbing off any dry blood.
- Gently pat dry with a paper napkin or a clean towel.
- Apply a thin film of GRABACIN antibiotic ointment, gently working it into the tattoo, blot off all the excess with a paper napkin.
- Repeat the Grabacin and blotting 4 times daily up to 3 days.
- From the 4th day onwards apply moisturising lotion on the tattoo to stop it from drying out.. At least every couple of hours. This should be continued until the tattoo heals completely.
- DO NOT pick or scratch any scabs or dry skin on the new tattoo.
- DO NOT soak the new tattoo in a bath or any body of water until completely healed. Keep the showers short and to the point.
- Do not sunbathe or expose the new tattoo to the sun for the duration of the healing.
- Do not smother or stretch the new tattoo with tight clothing.
A tattoo is intense and dark immediately after, but will lighten after the healing. In most cases the tattoo is of a solid implant. As soon as your tattoo artist has done the tattoo, your body takes over. Everybody heals differently. Sometimes retouches are required, but of course the cost will not be the same as the initial procedure. Body implants are not an exact science and thus no credible tattoo studio will guarantee any tattoo completely. Tattoos on translucent skin generally are clearer than on opaque skin.
Tattoos are by appointment only. A minimum 50% deposit will be required before any appointment can be given or any designing started. Once deposit is accepted it is non-refundable. Deposits will be forfeited in case of late arrival, illness, deaths, funerals, hangovers, lack of money, absent minds, car trouble, flight schedules, drunkenness, traffic and simple ignorance. We do not accept any walk-ins so it will be difficult to find a replacement at short notice. Arrive 15 minutes ahead. And latest 15 minutes after appointed time. Postponement is possible only with a 48hr notice.
Custom Tattoos: The cost of custom tattoos is 8000/- an hour. A consultation is a must and must be booked ahead. Minimum time from deposit will be 2 weeks to allow for design. The above still applies. In cases of multiple sessions the same still applies for each subsequent booking. All designs must be approved beforehand.
Please do not be hung-over. Eat at least 3 hours before the appointment. Clients should be of calm nature and understanding. Please do not be a drama queen. No food or drinks allowed in the studio. Absolutely no children & pets allowed. No mobile phones. No photography without permission. Absolutely no videos allowed. One person allowed with the client in the studio [and all above conditions apply to them] and should not interfere with client/artist decisions.
The tattoo must be inspected after it is done. Note that tattoos are not an exact science and places where the implant will be light may have to be re-touched and the cost for this will be based as per our pricelist. Upon finishing the tattoo, a bandage will be applied. It must be removed after 4 hours and after-care instructions followed. A perfect tattoo is entirely dependent on after care.
We reserve the right to tattoo or not tattoo. We reserve the right to reject any design that may not conform to our artists and Body Shock ethos. We reserve the right to postpone any appointment within reasonable notice.
Please note that the above is based on past experiences. We have tattooed over 7000 people and they have all adhered to above instructions. If you agree to our terms you will join the growing list of our happy clients. Over 30% of our clients are repeat clients, Over 50% are word of mouth clients.